<$BlogRSDUrl$>
INDUSTRIAL WASTE
waste-bin.blogspot.com

Ugh.

Thursday, January 20, 2005
I simply can't stand Bush anymore.

"Freedom is on the march", "democracy will prevail," blah blah blah.

It's inane boilerplate like this that makes me yearn for the the cynical conservatives -- the down-to-earth realists who understand the world, and who speak in clear, crisp, and meaningful terms.

The fact is, I'm tired of Bush's flowery platitudes. I'm tired of the mindlessly repeated catch-phrases about democracy and freedom. The President's rhetoric used to be inspiring; now it's just trite.

Bush will go down in history as a brave pipe-dreamer whose delusions of American grandeur cost the country billions. The next four years will bring the collapse of those delusions, the erosion of the Republican majority, and the continued isolation of the United States.

And I say this as somebody who supported Bush's re-election -- which goes to show how pathetic the alternative was.